I use Amazon for all kinds of stuff. Here are a few of the things I’ve recently purchased from Amazon. I appreciate how easy it is to buy, and even to return for that matter.
My New Lab Server
Based on the vide on Router Gods Youtube channel that Humphrey did I spent money. But, it was worth it. I got a nice new ESXi server out of it that doesn’t take much room up in the lab. Here’s what I bought.
- Cable Matters USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter in Black
- SHUTTLE DS81 LGA1150/Intel H81/ DDR3/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&V&2GbE/ 90W Slim PC Barebone System, DS81
- Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) with Adapter Solid State Drive SV300S37A/240G
- Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory CT2KIT102464BF160B
- Intel Core i7-4790S Processor (8M Cache, 3.2 GHz) BX80646I74790S
I have a “game room” at home and I came across an old Tron Arcade case (Thanks Colby). I threw an XP machine in it with a bunch of ROMs and connected a few controllers. The first set of controllers frayed because they weren’t long enough. I just replaced them.
- USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable – 6.5 Feet (2 Meters)
- Classic USB Super Nintendo Controller for PC
I bought two of the Raspberry Pi kits for my two boys. We did some LED breadboard stuff and got a button to drop some TNT in Minecraft Pi Edition using Python. It was super easy and the kids learned a lot. I bought the mini keyboard to begin with but it was too small so I picked up a few standard keyboards locally.
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Ultimate Starter Kit (Over 40 Components: Raspberry Pi B Plus + WiFi Dongle + 8GB SD Card + Case + Power Supply and many more)
- Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad-Black
I love my Apple TV, but I grabbed two Roku’s. One is in the living room. There are some channels on the Roku that are not on Apple TV (Amazon is one example). The other is the Roku stick. I carry it in my bag when I travel and use it on the hotel TV to watch what I want to watch.
iPhone 6 Plus Case
When I got my iPhone 6 I wanted to protect it. I got a case that adds a little weight to it, but not much, and it protects it well.
- iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen Slim Armor Case for iPhone 6 Plus (5.5-Inch) – Retail Packaging – Gunmetal (SGP10905)
UPS for the office
I was teaching a webex class and the power went out. My desktop Mac mini was not on UPS. You know how that story ended. I had to get a UPS and this one was plenty good for my needs.
Sitting here thinking about it, I’ve realized that I’ve shopped more in the last few months than my wife has. At least I got some cool stuff and didn’t have to leave the house.
What have you bought lately?