Before 2009 I had never heard of such an event. I really did not know about my husband’s interaction with cisco. Daily he would chat with me about his cisco co-workers and tweeter buddies. In response I would nod politely and ‘Oh, thats nice.’ So when he asked me to join him on the trip to San Francisco Cisco Live 2009, I was apprehensive. Would I be bored? What am I going to do while my husband walks around booths I have no idea about? Who will I talk to while my husband mingles with his Cisco buddies speaking that Cisco jargon?
Upon arriving I was pleased with the interactive events Cisco has for spectators. I participated in a booth scanning event which won me first place and a prize. It kept me occupied in the World of solutions. Along with the several other drawings & interactive games, I started to get an understanding of the ‘Cisco World’ and enjoyed meeting many of the Cisco instructors and business partners. Plus getting some pretty cool ‘swag’ for myself and little ones at home. Before and after the scheduled events at Cisco LIVE my husband and I were able to enjoy some tourist attractions. I am hooked! Cisco LIVE isn’t just an event my husband goes to enjoy and then tell me about when he comes home. Now I get to enjoy the fun along with him.
Keep Busy at Cisco Live!
This year Cisco LIVE is in San Diego June 7–11, 2015. Being a native of San Diego, here are a few things I recommend that you can enjoy while your spouse is attending Cisco Live sessions. All activities are with in 1 hour driving range of convention center.
- Stroll through Balboa Park: The park is filled with Spanish influenced architecture and relaxing trails that lead through botanical gardens.
- Reuben H Fleet Science Museum: Inside Balboa Park, the museum is interactive and great for all ages. There is even an IMAX theater.
- Visit La Jolla Children’s Cove: Here you can get up close & personal with seals on the beach.
- Wine & Beer tasting: From Downtown San Diego to Temecula, there are plenty of places because it’s prime wine country. Tours are available of the local wineries and breweries as well.
- San Diego Zoo
- Sea World
- Mt Soledad in La Jolla is nice to take in a 360 degree view of San Diego.
- Mission Beach Boardwalk: There are roller coasters, rides & games here on the beach.
- Kayak the La Jolla shores: This is educational, fun and enjoyable, all under the San Diego sun! I recommend
- Everyday California as we have personally used them before.
- Explore Tidepools in Point Loma
- LIVE theater: You catch a musical, an opera, a concert, a dance performance or a broadway play (I saw Beauty and the Beast there). San Diego is full of theaters.
For more things to explore i would recommend visiting Things to do in San Diego
Don’t Just Go, Register
If your spouse or significant other is attending you should ask for a social pass. It’s worth it since you get into the World of Solutions and the Customer Appreciation Event. Click the banner below to register.